OUR AUTOMOTIVE DIAGNOSTIC TECHNICIANS ARE MEDFORD AUTO CARE EXPERTS.
Our name says it all and should be your first choice for smog-related issues, engine light issues, automotive computer issues, or any other automotive diagnostics problem. Come and experience how good we really are with today’s vehicles. We fix all Domestic & Import vehicles.
- DEQ (Dept. of Environmental Quality) Specialists
- Computer Auto Diagnostics
- Check Engine Lights
- Exhaust Leaks
- Catalytic Converter
- Fuel Performance
Today, car manufacturers include at least one computer in motor vehicles. This computer’s main function is to monitor and adjust engine and transmission operations. The computer receives input information from different sensors, then controls functions like spark plugs, idle speed, and fuel injectors so as to get you the best possible car performance. Failure of the car computer will greatly affect the things it controls. To get the most out of your car’s computer, have it evaluated regularly for updates and proper operation. If it is already failing, have it repaired or replaced.
Basically, an engine control system is an onboard computer in your car. Like all computers, the engine controls are composed of hardware and software. Automotive engine control systems are responsible for regulating exhaust emissions, and providing increased fuel economy. To get the best out of your car’s incredibly powerful technology, make sure engine controls are working properly.
Drivability is the degree of smoothness and steadiness of your car’s acceleration. Most modern cars are fitted with onboard computers that continuously check the readings from various sensors. In case of drivability problems, you will receive a warning message on your car’s dashboard. To have your car diagnosed with drivability issues, visit Keith Schulz Garage & Diagnostic Center. We have the necessary tools, training, and technology to diagnose and address your car’s drivability issues.
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT
When your check engine light comes on, it is a warning from your system to alert that there is a performance issue. Don’t ignore the Check Engine Light. If the light comes on, bring it on in! We can help you prevent future problems and failures in performance and components that are integral to your car’s performance. Some common engine diagnostic codes include:
- P0420 – Catalyst System Low Efficiency
- P0171 – Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1
- P0401 – Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Flow Insufficient
- P0174 – Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 2
- P0442 – Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Small Leak Detected
- P0300 – Engine Misfire Detected (random misfire) –
- P0455 – Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Leak Detected (large)
- P0440 – Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System
- P0141 – Oxygen Sensor Heater (H02S) Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2
- P0430 – Catalyst System Low-Efficiency Bank 2
- P0135 – Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1
- P0446 – EVAP Vent Solenoid Valve Control System
- P0128- Coolant Thermostat
- P0301 – Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
- P0411 – EVAP System Control Incorrect Purge Flow
- P0133 – Oxygen Sensor Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1
- P0303 – Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
- P0304 – Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
- P0302 – Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
- P0325 – PCM Knock Sensor Circuit
If your check engine light comes on, don’t ignore it. Bring your car into Schulz auto and we’ll take a look or give us a call today!