EFFICIENT ENGINE SERVICES
Our engine services technicians at Keith Schulz Garage & Diagnostic Center will assure that your vehicle is performing at its highest. From simple maintenance checks to complete engine repairs, our team takes care of it all. The next time your vehicle engine acts up make sure you bring it straight to Keith Schulz Garage Diagnostic Center. Proper diagnostics are half of the battle. Our expert mechanics will accurately pinpoint the issue and work to repair it in the best way possible, having you back on the road in no time. You’re sure to have peace of mind leaving our shop knowing that your vehicle has received auto care that is second to none.
- Inspection and maintenance
- Engine performance checks
- Check Engine Light
- Fuel injector repairs
- Computer auto diagnostics
- DEQ (Dept. of Environmental Quality) Specialists
- Timing Belts
ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM
Make sure your engine is running cool The engine cooling system of your automobile or truck is very important to the longevity of your engine as well as its general performance. Making sure that your radiator, thermostat, water pump and cooling fans are in proper working order can effectively stretch the mileage of your vehicle and keep you safe on the road.
Engine Cooling Services:
- Radiator Replacement and Repair
- Water Pumps
- Cooling Fans
- Radiator Flush
INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE BASICS
Over 90% of the cars on the road have internal combustion engines. As the name suggests, these systems use spark and flame to ignite the fuel, ultimately propelling the vehicle forward. Here are the basics of how the average combustion engine works:
- Fuel and air are pulled into a cylinder, the power units of the engine. Most cars have either four, six or eight cylinders.
- A piston within the cylinder moves upward compressing the fuel-air mixture creating pressure and heat.
- Spark plugs then create a spark that ignites the fuel-air mixture. This ignition causes a small explosion within the closed cylinder.
- The pressure from this explosion and the gasses created, push the piston downward
- Once the pressure is reduced, the piston moves back up and pushes exhaust gasses out of the cylinder through a valve
- The piston moves back into place and the process repeat. The collective energy created within each cylinder causes the vehicle to move.
Your engine is not a simple machine and over the course of your engine’s life, there are many issues that can arise if proper maintenance and care are neglected. Luckily, when you have experts on your side, seemingly large issues appear much smaller. We are here to take the headache out of engine repair.
VISIT YOUR MEDFORD AUTO CARE EXPERTS TODAY
Our mission is to earn the trust of every customer who enters our garage through integrity and quality service. Whether your vehicle requires a simple oil change or has significant engine damage, our mechanics face every car repair as if it were their own. We have been providing such service to the Medford community for decades. If you have auto care needs, the experts at Schulz Garage have the solutions you’re looking for.